Sunday, February 8, 2009

Everyone Wants A Log!

The Amy Butler Log Cabin quilt is almost done! I just have to add some borders. I like to add borders after I get the blocks done and sewn together, if I can. This isn't always possible, but to me, it is a better way to pick borders.

I would highly recommend the strip method of sewing your log cabin blocks, it is quick, easy and so fast!

My strips turned into this:
Add more and more and more and you get this, finished blocks:
And on to the almost final product:
I love this quilt! I am thinking of adding a small border of the center square, and a larger border in the darkest color. No matter how I sew Amy Butler fabrics together, I am more than pleased.

I think I may be addicted to Log Cabins now...I am onto another, this time in more traditional not so bright fabrics...I may have to make some kits of these!

1 comment:

  1. That fabric is beautiful. I haven't been by in forever, and that has me wanting to stop by just to see it in person ... and to say Hi to you and Kim, of course!!

    ReplyDelete